Escape from the VBP Escape from the VBP

Another McFlash game with pixel-sprites, money collectables and shopping for power-ups after you die. Hardly re-inventing the wheel here are we lol, but hey, for what it's worth your game isn't bad at all. After all, if it works, don't break it..
The particle effects you have used are polished and attractive to the eye. I thought the power-ups were well-balanced. Also the time it takes to clock the game is about right. Some love&care has gone into this title.
Good little time-waster this one. It's addictive.
I hope your next game is a little more original though- this one is a little too cookie-cutter for my tastes.

As some people have said, you're hit-box collision detection is a little off. Def need pixel-perfect for this kind of game. Might I recommend Troy Gilbert's adapted Pixel Perfect Col. Class? Works an absolute charm.

Keep it up dude.

meinlogin responds:

Thank you for feedback!

The Silver Nugget The Silver Nugget

Really impressive use of technology. I was kind of wondering if there was any way possible to stream YouTube content on my own games. I had an idea once for having a cinema screen in the background playing some vids, but at the time I thought it was impossible. After playing this I'll have to look into it again.

Kenney responds:

Yeah, it's very easy. Look up YouTube API, there's an API for ActionScript 2 and 3. So you should be settled :)

Utopian Mining Utopian Mining

Brilliant game, can't criticise it at all.
Has a touch of MegaDrill in there but improves on it quite a bit! 5 stars!

Magic Steel Magic Steel

Nice game, so props for good coding and everything. I'd give the gameplay a high rating but you get 0/5 for the graphics and music since they're ripped (and on all his other games)

The Last Stand Union City The Last Stand Union City

Frickin' A-mazing

Just finished doing art on Rebuild 2 so I have to admit I kinda wanted to hate this game (even though they're both chalk and cheese really) but holy shit man, this is like a zillion times improved over the original game. I actually played it for well over an hour and that's totally unheard of for me on anything not a console game.
Yes it's a Fallout rip, but does anyone care? I think not! I bet even the guys at Bethesda are smirking over this one. What a great job, truly. Easily my favourite online game right now.

Undead End Hardcore Undead End Hardcore

Great

I had a vision of making a game pretty similar to this but more open-ended on the exploration side. Great work- this is one of the better games out there. I'd give it a 10 but for the obvious Metal Slug sprite *ahem* borrowing.

Knightfall 2 Knightfall 2

Probably the best game on NG

Outbreak or this one for best game on NG?Hmm. Both are incredible games but I prefer this one at least visually. From coder to coding team * respect* THIS is a crisp, well-polished piece of art, and it would be a sin not to see a DS conversion or something similar. It'd be nice to hear a success story or two on NG occasionally and on top of that I think KnightFall has the savvy to become commercially profitable.

I'm wondering, are the graphics and audio borrowed from old arcade games or something? I'm not blowing the whistle on you guys I'm simply wondering where I can get the same type of media for myself. My next game is heavy on the sprites and I'd be interested in knowing how to achieve a similar look to yours.

The Breach The Breach

"Not bad at all!"

The game suffers from being slow on my pc (perhaps I needed a better graphics card). It's tough to run full screen 750x750 -or whatever res you're using- with all those smoke and bullet effects and get it to run smoothly, believe me I've tried. The standard 550x400 would have worked faster.
I think another weak point is the vector graphics. Not that they're aren't good- in fact they're drawn terrifically well- but the overall effect is cartoony and this doesn't promoting much in terms of a realistic feeling of horror. I hope if there is a sequel you'll think about maybe using photorealistic images or prerendered 3d animations, quite a jump from vector art I'll agree but worth the investment in time to learn to make.
Story was good, and it's clear a lot of effort has gone into this game. Don't be discouraged by the critics! This one has potential.

When Pigs Fly When Pigs Fly

if you cover your ears, it's ok

cute and stylish little game but the sfx...uggghhh..almost makes the thing unplayable, sorry to say.

Super Mario 63 Super Mario 63

Excellent!

Amazing clone dude!
You must've spent months doing this. It's too bad it's licenced so you probably won't be able make a ton of cash from this, but if I was Nintendo I'd be thinking of throwing you a bone and have you convert this to the DS for a fat salary.